To improve access to education by providing students with the tools they need.
- Peter Ngozi Nwaneri Memorial Scholarship – We are a supporter of this scholarship awarded to students within the Harvard Kennedy School which he attended, who exhibit exemplary interest in advancing the economic status of developing societies and who state financial need
- Scholarship program – Award of scholarships to elementary and secondary (high) school and university students and orphans who are in financial need.
- Donation of School supplies – This is to ensure adequate capacity for children in poverty to engage in their education.
Examples of Donations:
Donation of School Supplies to about 1000 school children in partnership with MTN Foundation – Nigeria
Donation of radios to Abia State Ministry of Education, Nigeria in partnership with Abia People in Diaspora for children who were in need to engage in distance learning during the Covid 19 Epidemic.
Education Project Pictures
To improve child/maternal health and reduce child/maternal morbidity and mortality through initiatives including pre and post-natal care, health education, health screening, nutrition, immunizations, and emphasizing preventive care.
- The founder pioneered the establishment of a Comprehensive Health Center in Imo State, Nigeria that has made health care services easily accessible and affordable to the rural community.
- Donation of medical supplies, equipment and medications to the rural health center.
- Donation of food items by WOHI to school children in rural schools.
- Distribution of shoes and clothes to rural women, youth and children.
- Donation of food items to different rural villages in Eastern Nigeria during the Covid 19 epidemic.
- Organization of workshops/seminars on health issues to the rural women
- 5k fundraiser organized in Maryland, USA to raise funds for our projects and with a workshop at the beginning to raise awareness of the importance of physical activity in achieving optimal health.
- Good Food program at OMNI medical center, Maryland USA. WOHI organized a presentation by a nutritionist presenting to children and their families the importance of healthy foods with healthy food and snack giveaways afterwards by Santa Claus.
- Donation of hundreds of bags during the COVID-19 epidemic of PPE items such as masks, sanitizers, bath and dental hygiene items and healthy snacks to the Boys and Girls Club for children in Washington D.C., USA
- Collaboration with the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington DC to conduct virtual classes with the children on topics such as good hygiene and staying healthy. Also had a session educating them about COVID-19, prevention and how to stay positive during this period.
Economic Empowerment Program
To empower women and youth through income generating activities aimed at poverty alleviation such as micro finance schemes, skills acquisition, vocational training and capacity building.
- Providing Nigerian women in need in rural and urban areas through our micro-finance scheme interest-free loans to start up new businesses or boost their already existing businesses. Co-sponsored by General Electric as a recipient of their Kujenga program.
- Formation of co-operative societies to encourage accountability and sharing of strategies.
- Engaging and encouraging them in skills acquisition, vocational training and capacity building
- Donation of a palm oil processing mill by the founder to local rural women as a revenue generating project and to reduce the hardship experienced by women in producing palm oil.
- Donation of cash crops, fertilizers and agriculture equipment to boost their production to rural women.
- Renovation of the house of a young widow.
Youth Economic Empowerment Program
Encouraging at-risk rural youth to be engaged in activities that are productive instead of delinquency.
Project included the WOHI sponsored soccer championships for rural youth, with 11 participating teams in partnership with 7up.
“Sponsor a Child” project which would pair a student in need with a sponsor to provides fees, uniforms and needed school supplies.
WOHI is continuously increasing the number of beneficiaries of their Micro-Finance interest-free program, Skills Acquisition, Vocational Training and Capacity building.
Organizing medical missions in rural areas.